Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Giants Free Agent List

Below is a list of this year's free agent list from the Giants. Players age is in parenthesis.

Jeremy Affeldt (33) I think this veteran lefty is a key reliever that should be brought back for another couple of years.
Melky Cabrera (28) No reason to bring him back and I would be disappointed if they even made an offer
Guillermo Mota (39) Might retire, if he doesn't I would not offer him a contract
Xavier Nady (33) It is worth checking his price tag to come off the bench and serve as a 4th or 5th outfielder
Angel Pagan (31) Rumors have him asking for 3 plus years with around 10 mil per. Can't blame him for asking but the money could be better spent elsewhere. I would like them to look into both Hamilton and Bourn before they pay this price. Pagan was great but he has never been that good before and at 31, I would not expect to get the same performance for the next 3-5 years.
Brad Penny (34) Not needed at all, hasn't been the same in years.
Freddy Sanchez (34) Hasn't played much since his 2010 playoff heroics. If you can get him for a year at around the league minimum, I would consider it.
Marco Scutaro (37) I would give him a 2-3 year deal and let him retire as a Giant.
Ryan Theriot (33) It will be interesting what kind of offer he gets, I think he spends the rest of his career as a backup. If they don't bring back Sanchez, they may want to bring back Theriot.


No comments:

Post a Comment