Saturday, October 13, 2012

Who I Am

Let me just start this blog off by telling you all a little bit about me. I am a Giants fan and have been for 23 seasons now. In that time, I have seen four managers, hundreds of players and thousands of games. I have cheered, I have lamented, second guessed, cried, thrown fits and finally celebrated (who can forget 2010). The Giants truly are my favorite sports team and they always will be. A Giants fan is a major part of who I am and I would like to express myself to fellow Giants fans as well as other fans of the great game of baseball. Over the past quarter century, I feel I have been lucky to have been a fan of the Giants. While they only have one ring, they have been a playoff contender most years and had some great players and memorable moments. I often wonder what it would be like if I had been a fan of the Pirates, Mariners, Padres or many other teams. The moments and memories the Giants have provided me are something I will always cherish and they keep coming. From Will the thrill to Barry Bonds to Buster Posey the Giants have always had some of the biggest stars in the game. I am beginning this blog now because I think that we are on the cusp of something truly special. After winning their first world series since coming to the west coast, two years ago, the Giants are on another march through the postseason now. With the number of young stars, and the amount of potential that they have, it really feels like we are in the beginning of a golden age of Giants baseball. There is certainly potential for multiple titles and annual runs. The bottom line, this team is really special and pretty young. My hope is that fellow baseball fans will come here and experience the ride with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment