Saturday, November 3, 2012

Free Agent Predictions

Well, we are into the Hot Stove Season now and many are predicting where various players will end up. So, I will go over a few of the various free agents myself and where I expect each to land.
  • Josh Hamilton- Washington Nationals for 8 years and 175 million. In the age of ridiculously long contracts, I do expect the Giants to be one of the last teams standing for Hamilton but I think the Nationals will finally nail a huge free agent. The length will be ridiculous and I think that will take Sabean out of the mix.
  • Zack Greinke- Baltimore Orioles for 6 years and 130 million. For those who don't know, Greinke suffers from an anxiety disorder and I am thinking that will keep him away from New York and Boston. The Orioles need an ace and I think Greinke will be a great fit for them.
  • Michael Bourn-San Francisco Giants for 4 years and 50 million. I expect that the Giants will turn to Bourn when negotiations fail with Hamilton. With Bourn, they will land a solid leadoff hitter to anchor their deep lineup for the next several years.
  • Kyle Lohse- Los Angeles Dodgers for 4 years and 50 million. The Dodgers will unquestionably be a big part of the Greinke sweepstakes but when they miss out, I expect them to settle for the next best starting pitcher on the market.
  • Angel Pagan-Philadelphia Phillies for 5 years and 50 million dollars. I expect Pagan to be disappointed when the Giants flirt with the likes of Hamilton and Bourn and I think the Phillies will jump at the chance to land the second best leadoff hitter on the market.
  • B.J. Upton- Atlanta Braves for 6 years and 100 million dollars. Upton has so many tools and that will attract suitors. This will likely come down to the Braves and Yankees and I think the Braves will win it with the length of the deal.
  •  Ichiro Suzuki-Tampa Bay Rays for 2 years and 20 million. It is like musical chairs in the outfield and this seems like the spot for Ichiro, although I could easily see him back in New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment