Monday, November 5, 2012

Bring Back Scooter

I am somewhat surprised that the Giants have not re-signed Marco Scutaro yet. Of their free agents, he is clearly the biggest priority to bring back. The other options at second base aren't very good and the Giants don't have a second basemen in the minors that is big league ready. It made so much sense to re-sign Scooter that I left him off of my free agent prediction list. I mean, he wasn't going anywhere right? Well, I hoped they would have something done before he hit the open market last Friday night and I predicted that it would be done by the end of the week. Since neither of those happened, I am a bit concerned right now. Hopefully it will all work out and he will come back.

 The team does not have the excuse of saying they can't afford him though. He is likely wanting a 3 year deal in the range of 8-10 million annually. That is very reasonable in today's market, especially when Scooter is the best shortstop or second baseman on the market. Just get it done and move on. The longer this takes, the more we should worry.


No comments:

Post a Comment