Thursday, November 1, 2012

Here Comes Hot Stove Season

I do miss baseball games, there is no doubt about that but I love the free agent season as well. There are so many stories all the time that develop and so many twists and turns. I will try to be on top of everything here on my blog. Even non Giant related stories. This is a fun time of year for me and I will keep you all up to date on the rumors and what not.

As for the Giants, I really expect the Scutaro contract to be worked out soon. Free agents can begin signing with other teams as soon as midnight eastern time tomorrow and I would not be surprised if this deal is done before that time. However, even if it isn't, I fully expect it to be done by the end of the weekend. Scutaro is easily the biggest free agent for the Giants this offseason.

Around the league, it will be very interesting to see how many teams step up to the forefront of the Josh Hamilton sweepstakes this weekend. I expect this one to take some time to get done however. My prediction is that Hamilton signs during the winter meetings in a little over a month. That is where superstars usually get deals done, if not soon afterwards. One way or another, it should really be fun to see it all play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment