Thursday, November 1, 2012

Giants Arbitration List

Well, now that the parade is over, it is time to continue taking a look at the offseason schedule for the San Francisco Giants. I have already gone over the upcoming free agents here. Now, I will cover the players that are arbitration eligible.
  • Hunter Pence-One reason the Giants were excited to get Pence is because of the fact that he is under their control for more than one season. Look for Pence to bump up to about the 12-13 million range.
  • Brian Wilson-Coming off of Tommy John surgery, the beard is arbitration eligible. I expect them to sign him to a one year deal without the use of arbitration.
  • Buster Posey- After Posey's MVP year, it would be a good time to lock him up through the remainder of his arbitration years and perhaps a year or two beyond that.
  • Santiago Casilla- A key man out of the bullpen, I expect the Giants to bring Casilla back for another year or two.
  • Sergio Romo- Romo could be in line for a huge increase in salary, the Giants may try to ink him to three or four year deal.
  • Jose Mijares- another brilliant Sabean move, look for Mijares to be back.
  • Clay Hensley- I don't expect to see the Giants bring Hensley back. The pen is deep and the emergence of Kontos was bad news for Hensley. 
  • Gregor Blanco- Blanco will certainly be back, I would not be surprised to see the two sides agree to something without the arbitrator being involved.
  • Joaquin Arias- Another key member of the bench, Arias will be back next year it is just a matter of agreeing on the price tag.
  • Emmanuel Burriss- I think Burriss' future depends on whether or not they bring back both Theriot and Scoot (who is almost a lock to return).
  • Eli Whiteside- I like Whiteside a lot because you can see the effort he puts in but the emergence of Blanco is not good for him. I look for the Giants to let him go.
So, to summarize, I expect all of these players back except Hensley, Whiteside and Burriss.
Do you disagree with the players I would keep around off this list?


No comments:

Post a Comment